The City of Katy will be providing Quarterly Limb Pick-Up the week of October 3rd. Please have your limbs out by 7AM on Monday. The Public Works crew will drive through City areas. Keep in mind that due to the volume of limbs, pick up may take more than one day.
In order for the City to provide this type of service, it is important that the tree limbs be cut and trimmed to the following requirements:
• Tree limbs have to be 2 inches to 6 inches in diameter.
• Tree limbs have to be at least 4 feet in length and no longer than 12 feet.
• Limbs should be placed in your yard, by the curb and NOT in the street/roadway prior to the first day of pickup.
• Limbs should also NOT be placed by any water meter, gas meter, hydrant or ditch.
Tree limbs that do not meet the above requirements will not be picked up. Additionally, The City will NOT pick up household garbage, furniture, scrap metal, appliances, automotive parts, debris, rubbish, building materials, etc. Please keep in mind that due to the volume of limbs, pick up may take more than one day.
Other Pick Up Options:
Any commercial tree service or any contractors cutting brush or trees shall be required to pick up and haul off their own limbs
For large tree trunks and stove wood length, you may call G.O. Weiss Landfill at 281-492-2558.
Texas Pride will pick up brush less than 2 inches in diameter if it is tied in bundles, is no longer than 4 feet in length and must be less than 40 pounds in weight, provided they are placed at the residence curb on regular garbage collection day.
• Rake fallen leaves and sticks in your yard. Please do not blow, sweep, or rake yard debris into drainage areas or streets.
• Texas Pride will pick up leaves and limbs on regular trash days. Leaves and other vegetative debris must be bagged. Each bag cannot exceed 35 lbs. Branches should be tied in bundles not exceeding 35 pounds (less than 2" in diameter and cut to 4-foot lengths) and limited to 4-cubic yards per service day.