Katy ISD Student Transfer Application for 2021-2022 school year
The District Student Transfer application for the 2021-2022 school year is now open! Students who are currently on a transfer must submit their requests by Monday, May 31, 2021. Failure to submit a transfer application by the deadline will revert your child(ren)’s campus assignment to their home zoned campus and may impact courses selected for the 2021-2022 school year.
A parent submitting a transfer application for a student is now required to acknowledge and agree to the following terms:
1. Transfers do not and will not override a Board-approved Attendance Boundary Modification
2. The transfer fee is non-refundable
3. Transportation must be provided by the parent or guardian of a student on an approved transfer. High school students are not guaranteed parking privileges
4. The transfer, once approved, shall remain in effect as long as the original reason for the transfer exists, and as long as the student remains in the same campus level (i.e. elementary, junior high, or high school); however, the transfer must be renewed annually
5. The student will be allowed only one transfer per school year
6. Failure to enroll your student into the approved transfer-to school by the first day of the second week of transfer approval could result in transfer revocation
7. Transfer students must abide by the Discipline Management Plan and Student Code of Conduct. The principal may revoke the transfer for serious or persistent misconduct, or shall revoke the transfer for any offense resulting in DAEP or JJAEP placement
8. A transfer may be revoked for a documented pattern of late arrivals, late pick-ups, and/or poor attendance. A transfer may also be revoked if the student's continued enrollment at the campus requires additional staff and/or facility space
9. Any falsification of information shall cause this application for transfer to be denied and/or revoked. In addition, falsification of documents or records is a criminal offense and subject to fines under Section 37.10 Penal Code
10. Approval of a transfer does not guarantee UIL varsity athletic eligibility.
Contact the District Athletic Department at 281-396-7780 with questions, or to obtain an application regarding a UIL Residence Waiver.
Contact the transfer office at 281-396-2357 with questions.